Monday, December 17, 2012

Reality check

So it's nap time at the day care, and I'm sitting here rubbing one of the little guys on the back, looking at the days of the week chart when it hits me: I only have two days left at the day care.

I'm so incredibly sad about that! It's only Tuesday, but we don't work Fridays, and technically I'm not even at placement for an entire days worth of work. All of these kids are incredibly sweet and the two weeks just seems like enough to really start to form the bonds with the kids, and then basically have to go.

One thing I can say about this trip is that I think it's finally turned me into a kid person. Before, while not HATING children, I certainly didn't see the appeal. Now, I find myself not wanting to leave and wishing I could just stay longer and spend more time with them.

Each day, a new child opens up to me, and we play and chase each other around the playground. Add on top of that the kids who have already determined I'm alright, and it's just so much fun.


(Horrible one of me but that's to be expected at this point.)

I've been telling mom about the kids each evening and talking about how cute and adorable they are, and she told me not to come home with one, lol. In the past, that never would have even needed to be uttered! But now, I finally see the appeal. I can understand why people would want children, especially when they can be this sweet.

That being said, I certainly won't have any for a while, but now it at least makes sense to me. Thanks, Thailand.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment