Monday, December 17, 2012

In which I have man-voice

So my throat has been itching for nearly my entire stay in Thailand. It could be from any number of causes, but one of the volunteers showed up with a congested nose and scratchy throat and now three of us do. She may not actually be the source, but were pretty much all joking with her and saying she is.

Regardless of the cause, it got really red and swollen one night, painful and sore all through the next day, irritating for the following two, and now I have total man-voice up in here.

My voice is super soft right now, but all scratchy and croaky and I just feel like a total chain smoker. I thought it'd get better but my voice is getting softer and softer, which now that I think about it might actually BE better.*No*sound might be preferable to how I do sound, lol. I love the thought of the higher power being all "oooooo, lets just....turn that down for the moment, shall we? Theeeeere we go, yes. Much better."

I love that I flew to Thailand to get a cold.

If there's anything worth doing-- this is not it. The cold is so funny because its such a basic ailment that no one takes it seriously, and yet it can really make you feel like you've just been hit by a truck. In my case, it hit me right in the face.

It's not a total KO though, but I have no wish in jinxing myself by talking about my small victories as of yet.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:กรุงเทพ-นนทบุรี 46,Bang Sue,Thailand

No comments:

Post a Comment