Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Thai massage aka full body wrestling with a stranger

So I had my first Thai massage today. It was pretty lovely but now I really understand why people say they sort of kick your ass.

Since none of my muscles are overtly sore, it took him doing my right leg completely and just starting in on my left for me to fully appreciate how nice it felt. The massage technique is a lot different from what I've had in the states, with them literally using nearly every bit of their body to work on you.

I have to say, when he started on my arms though, it felt like pure heaven. My arms aren't even sore but he was working some muscles and stretching them in all these fantastic ways that it literally gave me goosebumps. Ahh, so nice, so nice.

Then when he got to my back, it was both funny and wonderful. They put a LOT of pressure on you in order to give you a deep tissue massage, which is wonderful, but they're also basically pushing you down into the mat, so if you're not laying correctly, it's like you just paid someone to try and smother you.

And for the finishing move, they put you in a head lock, wrap their leg around you, spin your body around in this little spiral and then stretch you backwards by way of mixed martial arts.

That's when you tip the man for a job well done and wander off about your day.

At least this was my interpretation of it.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. This blog is truly useful to convey overhauled instructive undertakings over web which is truly examination. I discovered one fruitful case of this truth through this blog. I will utilize such data now.
    Traditional Thai massage

    ReplyDelete