Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Trip to Cambodia

So, my total time on planes yesterday came to about 23 hours, lol.  Yayyy.  But um...Flew up from Daytona, and chilled in the ATL airport for about three hours, which was kind of cool because it gave me a little bit to explore the F terminal, which I haven't had much of a chance to do before.  Also, since I was switching to Delta partner Korean Air, I had to switch out my ticket for another one from them.  They had to look at my passport and everything again (I had to get it out a lot more than I had thought) and then they printed me another ticket.  This flight would be about 14 hours in and of itself.  The plane was huge!  It was a double decker as well, which I was oddly excited to see from the terminal.  It reminded me of a giant blue whale...a happy giant blue whale.

 Once on the plane, I was on the aisle seat with two other guys.  One was from Louisiana heading to Buson, South Korea to work on an oil rig for a month or two I think.  The other was a younger man from Alabama heading to South Korea for placement with the marines.  And then there was me, heading to Siem Reap for kicks and giggles :3

Firstly, Korean Air is niiiiice.  You get to your seat(after passing the coveted stairway to heaven i.e. the second floor)  and in it is a blanket, headphones, and this little kit with slippers and a tooth brush and tooth paste in it.  Plus you get a free water bottle, hello. The seats weren't comfortable but they weren't uncomfortable either.  I survived the 14 hours with nothing worse than a slight neck crick from trying to peer out the window.  Our flight pattern was exciting as well.  I've been looking at globes for months trying to think of the way that we'd get there, but this pilot basically said "nah son"and did the one thing I hadn't figured lol.  We more or less just flew straight up from ATL, into Canada, up through Saskatchewan, curved to the left, through Canada and into Alaska.  Followed that basically on the top most border area, and on into Russia, where we continued the slight curve down through the country, out around North Korean air space, and then over into Incheon, South Korea.  I had thought we were going to Seoul but I was mistaken. Anywho! I got excited when we flew into Canada, even more excited when we got into Alaska, and basically flipped my seat when I saw we were in Russia, which, none of that makes sense because its not like we were landing there, lol.  But whatever.  I've expanded my 'map'and have now soared over three of my bucket list locations xD  *starts singing I'm Almost There*

I watched multiple movies on the plane ( free as well!) , them being The Odd Life of Timothy Green, ParaNorman, Madagascar 3, and Ice Age: Continental Drift.  They were all really good, though I think I actually liked Madagascar 3 more than Ice Age this time around.  There were some really fun visuals.  I also watched a lot of Kpop music videos, lol, which made me happy of course.  It was neat to be able to select my favorite artist on a suggested music list finally xD  It was less difficult to not dance along though.  I watched G-Dragon, BIGBANG, 2NE1, Secret, T-ARA, Orange Caramel...there were lots on there.

Um...we landed in South Korea and had to go through a smaller security check point, which I worried would make me late but I got to my gate just fine.  I didn't fail to notice that 8 out 10 of the people I walked past while heading to my gate looked like freakin' super models.  Everyone was fashionable and very well dressed. Head, shoulder, knees, toes, swag = check. The air hostesses for Korean Air by the way have the CUTEST outfits.  Its this soft blue shirt with an off white high waist  skirt. They all are wearing either off white or matching blue scarf around their neck.  They also have a neat bow in their hair.  Heres a photo of them in white, to the right.

I'll try to get one of them in blue on the way home.  All of them were super cute though, very fashionable.  I wish the Delta uniforms were as snazzy.  The ladies that were at my gate all had the blue shirts, and were wearing these slim khaki trench coats, lol.  I was just sitting in the corner looking busted from my flight all, "waaaa...."

I really wanted to wander the airport but decided not to, due to the urge I had to buy something every five seconds just getting from security to my gate.  That and being flat ass tired kept me from moving too much.  It was apparently about 30 degrees outside when we landed in Korea, and I started to get worried I hadn't packed enough long sleeves if it was going to be that cold...

Took the next flight from Incheon to Siem Reap and totally lucked out.  Had a row of three seats all to myself, and oh, I used them all for myself as well. I slept rather well on that flight!  Not sure how long but I got a couple of hours rest at least, that I really needed.  I woke up when we were landing, and felt slightly bad about not using the cool tv set at my seat(s), but that was only because I had gotten some rest and now had the energy to feel bad about it, lol.

After we landed, I was able to walk straight through customs basically since I had already attained my VISA whereas apparently no one else on my plane had.  Walked right on out, met with Mr.Driver, and took my first tuk-tuk ride into town at around 11:30 pm.  I'll update with a photo once i'm in Thailand, don't want to download anything on here.


No comments:

Post a Comment